News: TomEE 1.6.0 Webprofile and Plus available at JVM Host!
TomEE 1.6.0 Webprofile and TomEE 1.6.0 Plus are available for our new and existing clients to be chosen in Java Control Panel.
It is based on Tomcat 7.0.47 and includes TomEE GUI webapp. For new clients TomEE hosting is as easy as ordering a Tomcat package and choosing TomEE in Java Control Panel. Deployment is as easy as uploading a WAR to the server.
Classic Apache Tomcat supports Java Servlets and Java ServerPages (JSP).
TomEE extends it by supporting also:
- JavaMail API
- Bean Validation
- Enterprise JavaBeans
- Java ServerFaces (JSF)
- Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Java Transaction API (JTA)
- Java Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI)
- Java Authorization Contract for Containers (JACC)
- Java Authentication and Authorization Service (JAAS)
TomEE Plus adds 4 more components to TomEE:
- Java Messaging Service (JMS)
- Java EE Connector Architecture
- Java API for RESTful Web Services (JAX-RS)
- Java API for XML Web Services (JAX-WS)
Check also feature comparison at TomEE website.