Knowledgebase & Downloads
The knowledgebase provides documentation written by our team. Please select a category or search for answers.
How do I create a MySQL backup?
There are three ways to back up your MySQL databases. Method 1: login to your account with SSH and use mysqldump command. Method 2: Enable 'Remote MySQL' in cPanel and connect with a GUI client like MySQL Workbech to make dump remotely. As method 3 you can use the backup utility in your cPanel account or you can manually backup using phpMyAdmin.
To manually backup using phpMyAdmin follow these steps:
- Login to your control panel at www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
- Click on 'phpMyAdmin' under the 'Databases' menu
- From the dropdown list to the left, choose the database you wish to export the backup from.
- Click on the 'Export' Tab.
- Click the 'Select All' link shown in blue, then tick the 'Save as file' box and 'Go'.
- You will be asked to save the .sql file to the hard drive, click 'Save'.
- Choose the location to save to and click 'Save'.
Your database has now been exported.
- © 2016 JVMHost.com All rights are reserved.