Knowledgebase & Downloads
The knowledgebase provides documentation written by our team. Please select a category or search for answers.
What is WAR file size limit when uploading?
Q: What is WAR file size limit when uploading?
A: It depends on what method you chose for uploading.
1. For SCP the limit is usually higher than 2GB.
2. For cPanel File Manager it depends on php settings post_max_size (55MB) and upload_max_filesize (50MB). The values given are cPanel defaults.
3. For Tomcat Manager the limits are defined in Tomcat's webapps/manager/WEB-INF/web.xml file. The parameters max-request-size and max-file-size default values in Tomcat 7 allow for maximum of 50MB upload.
To change it to - for example - 100MB set:
and restart the Tomcat.
Error message related to this limit is:
FAIL - Deploy Upload Failed, Exception: org.apache.tomcat.util.http.fileupload.FileUploadBase$SizeLimitExceededException: the request was rejected because its size (...) exceeds the configured maximum (52428800)
4. For custom upload script it is influenced by global or custom post_max_size, upload_max_filesize and sometimes also Suhosin limits.
5. For FTP it is defined in FTP server configuration or and is usually identical to SCP.
- © 2016 JVMHost.com All rights are reserved.