Knowledgebase & Downloads
The knowledgebase provides documentation written by our team. Please select a category or search for answers.
Error 500 .htaccess: php_value not allowed here
Q: Aside from Java application I use php and after installing my php application I get these error in log and my website shows error 500:
.htaccess: php_value not allowed here
.htaccess: php_flag not allowed here
A: By default php - as installed by cPanel - is set to suPHP so php_value and php_flag commands are not allowed in .htaccess
and will result in the above error messages in webserver log.
In case of suPHP you need to:
1. remove all remove php_value and php_flag from your .htaccess files (also rom subdirectories of public_html)
2. in public_html/.htaccess add the following (replace USERNAME with your user name):
deny from all
3. copy system-wide php.ini to your public_html:
cp /usr/local/lib/php.ini ~/public_html
4. add your custom php settings to your public_html/php.ini for example:
register_globals = Off
post_max_size = 10M
upload_max_filesize = 10M
- © 2016 JVMHost.com All rights are reserved.