Knowledgebase & Downloads
The knowledgebase provides documentation written by our team. Please select a category or search for answers.
Can I add my own CGI scripts?
Our LINUX web servers have the capability to run CGI scripts in your own 'cgi-bin' directory. Scripts may be written in Perl and CGI languages. Here are some helpful tips to follow when installing scripts:
- Upload to your cgi-bin directory to ensure proper file permission settings.
- All scripts on our server must have permissions set to 755 (rwx-rx-rx).
If you need help in changing script permissions, please see the following:
- Upload in ASCII transfer mode (and NOT BINARY mode)
- The first line of each script must read: #!/usr/bin/perl
- Ensure the permissions are set to 755
- © 2016 JVMHost.com All rights are reserved.