Knowledgebase & Downloads
The knowledgebase provides documentation written by our team. Please select a category or search for answers.
How do I move my WordPress blog to another domain?
To move your WordPress account to a hosted domain name follow the below steps:
- Sign up for a JVMHost account and receive your cPanel information.
- Read the instructions for installing a WordPress blog to your account.
- Export your existing WordPress data by clicking on 'Manage' and 'Export'. This will download a file to your desktop.
- After your domain becomes active and you can login to the WordPress administration on your site: www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin, click on 'Manage' then 'Import'.
- Select the option for importing from WordePress. The next page will ask you where you have the file located, hit 'Browse' and find the file that you downloaded to your desktop earlier.
- © 2016 JVMHost.com All rights are reserved.