Knowledgebase & Downloads
The knowledgebase provides documentation written by our team. Please select a category or search for answers.
How do I import a MySQL database?
To import a database follow the below steps:
I have a backup of my database that I need to import/transfer to my new account.
- Once you have your .sql file you will need to log into your cPanel at www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
- Click on 'phpMyAdmin' under the 'Databases' menu
- A drop down of your databases is displayed on the left side of the page, select the database you would like to import to.
- This will create some tabs at the top of the screen, click on 'SQL'.
- This opens a text box and a file upload option.
- Click browse on the file upload option and find your .sql file
- After you have selected the file click GO and it will import your database.
- © 2016 JVMHost.com All rights are reserved.